Dude Essential Oil Blend
Honestly, this blend isn't just for dudes. It's a marvelous blend for both male and female hormone balancing, regulating prostate function and hot flashes in women.
Suitable for men's hormone support of any age.
Details & Ingredients
Dude is a select blend of essential oils including:
Dalmation Sage (Salvia officinalis), Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare), Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia), Myrtle (Myrtus communis), Blue Yarrow (Achillea millefolium), and Peppermint (Mentha piperita) in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil.
The 10 mL roll-on is in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil diluted at 5%.
Shelf Life: Neat: 2-3 years; Roll-on: 2 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Maximum Topical Dilution: 2% (due to Dalmation Sage)
Dude Essential Oil Blend may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- heart palpitations
- hot flashes
- menopause, pre-menopause
- menstruation, cramping
- prostate function
Dilute and apply to ankles or lower pelvis.
Click here for the essential oil dilution chart.
Ok for children 6+ with proper dilution and avoiding the neck and face areas.
It is recommended to avoid this essential oil during pregnancy and lactation.
Maximum Topical Dilution with Epilepsy: 2%
Diffuse or rub a drop on palms and inhale.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
Contraindicated via all usage routes with drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 due to German Chamomile (if unsure, ask your doctor).
Dalmatian Sage: Avoid using while pregnant or breastfeeding.
Fennel: Repeated use can result in contact sensitization. May cause skin sensitization if oxidized. To prevent oxidation, store in a dark, airtight container in a refrigerator. Use with caution if susceptible to epilepsy. Use with caution during pregnancy. Avoid using if diagnosed with estrogen dependent cancer, endometriosis, or clotting disorder.
Lavender: No known issues.
Myrtle: This oil could interact with diabetic medication.
Blue Yarrow: May interact with antidepressant medication
Peppermint: Peppermint oil will antidote Homeopathic remedies. Use caution when combining oils with homeopathy. Use with caution if dealing with high blood pressure or cardiac fibrillation. Some professionals recommend that peppermint not be used by pregnant women. However, Tisserand and Price both categorize peppermint as ok. After contacting Mr. Tisserand and asking his opinion regarding peppermint essential oil and pregnancy, this was his reply:
“I have always believed that if peppermint oil was risky in pregnancy there would need to be warnings on peppermint-flavored gum and candy. There is evidence that menthol is safe in pregnancy (p. 592 of my book) and there's none that I am aware of that either menthol or peppermint poses any risk.”
Use with caution during breastfeed as it may reduce milk supply. Do not apply to or near the face of infants and children or other inhalation methods under the age of 6 (can cause breathing problems in babies and young children).
General EO Cautions:
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $49. Orders under $49 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.