Juniper Berry Essential Oil*
*This oil is organically grown and certified by our supplier. However, our facility is not certified organic. You get it though. ;-)
The sweet, fruity, slightly woody, and resinous aroma of Juniper Berry energizes and delights the senses! It can help fortify your immune system and support the natural detoxification of your body. Juniper Berry is both restorative and refreshing as it assists the body with the release of stubborn tension, strain, and stress.
Juniper has been used since ancient times to address and prevent disease due to its surprisingly powerful, yet equally gentle effect.
Botanical Name: Juniperus communis
Plant Origin: Bosnia
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from aerial parts (certified organic by our supplier)
Shelf Life: 4 years until decline of quality begins. To maximize shelf life, store in refrigerator.
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight.
Maximum Adult Topical Dilution: 4%
Selah oil blends that contain Juniper Berry essential oil:
Click here to see our Health Issues Reference Guide for information on which oils may help with specific needs.
Juniper Berry may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Body Odor
- Dysmenorrhea - Painful Menstruation
- Malaria - prevention
- Neuralgia (Nerve Pain) - Discontinued Pins & Needles Recipe
- Neurological Issues
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) & Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Sprains & Torn Ligaments
Please see our Health Issues Reference Guide for detailed essential oil remedies for the above-listed issues/topics.
Essential Oils and Deodorant, click here.
For more information and studies on Juniper essential oil click here.
- analgesic - deadens or relieves pain; anodyne
- anthelmintic - destroys or expels worms and parasites; vermifuge
- anti-inflammatory - reduces inflammation
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- astringent - causes contraction of organic tissues, reducing secretions or discharges
- carminative - expels gas (flatulence), easing abdominal pain and bloating
- depurative - purifies the system, particularly the blood
- detoxifying - assist in the removal of toxins
- digestive - promotes or aids digestion
- diuretic - aids in removal of excess water from the body; promotes urination
- emmenagogue - promotes or assists menstruation
- nervine - soothing and toning to the nerves and nervous system
- spasmolytic - antispasmodic
- tonic - strengthens or invigorates organs or the entire organism
Apply diluted to bottoms of feet or directly on area of concern.
Ok for children 2+ with proper dilution.
Pregnancy and lactation safe with extra dilution.
Click here for the essential oil dilution chart.
Diffuse or rub a drop on palms and inhale.
Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the FDA.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (7. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Avoid using with liver and kidney disease.
Skin sensitization if oxidized.
General EO Cautions:
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.
For Shipping Policies Click Here
This smells so good
I have been loving this oil, not only for its smell but also it’s uplifting properties. It seems to ease anxiety and ***/PMDD symptoms. The smell is almost pine-like, but sweeter. I diffuse it all the time and will be applying it diluted during that time of the month.
I made my own blend that I like to call "Super Mom" to help with anxiety/stress and motivation/focus. In a roll-on bottle full of fractionated cococut oil, I add 2-3 drops each of basil, helichrysum blend, peppermint, juniperberry, frankincense, and sigh. This helps me to be productive and calm :)