Cajuput Essential Oil
Botanical Name: (Melaleuca cajuputi)
Plant Origin: Austrailia
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from leaves/twigs
Shelf Life: 3 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Cajuput essential oil may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- arthritis and rheumatism
- head lice
- insect bites: mosquitos, lice, ants, fleas
- malaria (used to ease in New Guinea)
- menstrual pain
- muscular spasms and contractions
- respiratory issues: bronchitis, colds, coughs, sinusitis, sore throat
- skin: oily, infections, parasite induced issues, acne, psoriasis, eczema, toning, scabies, burn
- varicose veins
- yeast (vaginal), urinary tract infection (UTI), ringworm, athlete's foot
For more information about Cajuput essential oil click here.
- analgesic - deadens or relieves pain; anodyne
- antibacterial - prevents bacterial growth
- antifungal - prevents fungal growth
- anti-infectious - prevents uptake of infection - maintains a healthy resistance to infection
- antimicrobial - resists or destroys pathogenic micro organisms
- antispasmodic - prevents and eases spasms, convulsions, or cramps
- decongestant - reduces congestion such as mucus
- expectorant - promotes the discharge of mucous from the respiratory system
- febrifuge - supports the combat, reduction, or elimination of fever
- insect deterrent
- pectoral - remedy for pulmonary or other chest diseases
- stimulant - excites or quickens the activity of physiological processes
- tonic - strengthens or invigorates organs or the entire organism
Apply to affected area, temples, tip of nose, neck, so on as desired.
Ok for children 4+ with proper dilution.
Pregnancy safe with extra dilution.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or rub a drop on palms and inhale.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
May irritate the skin so it needs to be well diluted. Do not apply to or near the face of infants or children.
This oil can cause breathing problems in young children when applied to or near the face.
Take care when using asthmatics.
Cajuput may neutralize homeopathic remedies.
General EO Cautions:
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $49. Orders under $49 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.