Bergamot Essential Oil*
*This oil is produced from unsprayed crops - meaning that it is organically grown but not certified.
Energetic and charismatic in character, Bergamot Essential Oil is a fantastic choice to bring positivity and strength to both mind and body.
Body: Bergamot has been used widely to aid the body with issues of the skin (eczema, acne, fungal infections, etc.), to promote bladder and urinary health, and to support the immune system. It boosts brain function as it aids in concentration and collectedness of thoughts. Bergamot is especially useful to recover from burnout.
Mind & Emotions: Bergamot's strengthening and uplifting aroma helps balance emotions and transition from feelings of inadequacy and depression to worthiness, confidence, motivation, and joy.
Botanical Name: Citrus bergamia
Plant Origin: Italy
Extraction Method: Cold pressed from the rind (organically grown but not certified)
Shelf Life: 4 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight. May cause skin sensitization if oxidized. To prevent oxidation, store in a dark, airtight container in a refrigerator.
Maximum Adult Topical Dilution: 2.5%
Selah Oil blends that contain Bergamot essential oil:
Bergamot may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Anxiety - Apprehensive, Repressed
- Candida - Candidiasis - Thrush - Yeast Overgrowth - Yeast Infection
- Depression - Agitated, Anxious, General
- Hormone Balance
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) & Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Skin - eczema, acne, candida
- Strep Throat
- Stress - Blue Light, Computer, Electronic, Eye Strain, Screens, Tech, Visual
For more information about Bergamot essential oil click here.
- antibacterial - prevents bacterial growth
- antidepressant - alleviates depression
- anti-infectious - prevents uptake of infection
- anti-inflammatory - reduces inflammation
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- antispasmodic - prevents and eases spasms, convulsions, or cramps
- calmative - a sedative or mild tranquilizer
- carminative - expels gas (flatulence), easing abdominal pain and bloating
- febrifuge - supports the combat, reduction, or elimination of fever
- sedative - soothing agent that reduces nervousness, distress, or irritation
- stomachic - digestive aid and tonic; improving the appetite
- vulnerary - heals wounds and sores by external application
Apply diluted to affected area as desired.
Ok for children 2+ with proper dilution.
Pregnancy safe with extra dilution.
Click here for the essential oil dilution chart.
Diffuse or rub a drop on palms and inhale.
Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the FDA
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Photosensitive: Avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours after topical use. May cause skin sensitization if oxidized. To prevent oxidation, store in a dark, airtight container in a refrigerator.
General EO Cautions:
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
Terinene <gamma> 5.02%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.