Thyme Essential Oil*
*This oil is produced from unsprayed crops - meaning that it is organically grown but not certified.
Botanical Name: Thymus vulgaris ct. linalool
Plant Origin: France
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from the plant (organically grown but not certified)
Shelf Life: 5 yrs
Selah oil blends that contain Thyme ct linalool essential oil:
Thyme may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Abdominal Pain (Lower Region)
- Abrasions - Cuts - Scrapes - Wounds
- Candida Appearing as Yeast Infection and/or Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Cough - Dry
- Cough - Mucus
- Cystitis (Bladder Infection, Urinary Tract Infection, UTI)
- Diarrhea (Viruses/Infection)
- Ear Ache (Infection)
- Frozen Shoulder
- Fungal Skin Infections - Skin Candida - Ringworm
- Herpes Simplex - Cold Sores - Fever Blisters
- Insect Bite or Sting - General (Ant, Bee, Hornet, Mosquito, Wasp, etc.)
- Insect Bite or Sting - Tick
- Lyme Disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
- Mono - Mononucleosis
- Respiratory Infection
- Lack of Libido for For Women
- Tick Bites
Please see our Health Issues Reference Guide for detailed essential oil remedies for the above-listed issues/topics.
For more information about Thyme essential oil click here.
- analgesic - deadens or relieves pain; anodyne
- antibacterial - prevents bacterial growth
- antifungal - prevents fungal growth
- anti-infectious - prevents uptake of infection
- antiputrescent - acts against the process of decay or rotting in a body or other organic matter
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- antispasmodic - prevents and eases spasms, convulsions, or cramps
- antiviral - inhibits the growth of virus
- expectorant - promotes the discharge of mucous from the respiratory system
- immunostimulant - stimulates the action of the immune system
- pectoral - remedy for pulmonary or other chest diseases
- restorative - helps strengthen and revive the body systems
- stimulant - excites or quickens the activity of physiological processes
- tonic - strengthens or invigorates organs or the entire organism
- vermifuge - expels intestinal worms
Apply diluted to bottoms of feet or directly on area of concern.
Ok for babies and children with proper dilution - see chart.
Pregnancy and lactation safe with extra dilution - see chart.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or rub a drop on palms and inhale.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Only Thyme ct linalool can be used while pregnant; other varieties of this oil should be avoided while pregnant.
Thyme essential oil can be a dermal irritant for sensitive individuals. Conduct a patch test before use. Thyme essential oil irritates the mucus membranes (8, p. 415).
Use this oil with caution when dealing with high blood pressure.
General EO Cautions:
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
para cymene 4.04%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.