Ylang Ylang Essential Oil*
*This oil is produced from unsprayed crops - meaning that it is organically grown but not certified.
Botanical Name: Cananga odorata
Plant Origin: Madagascar
Extraction Method: Steam distillation from flowers (organically grown but not certified)
Shelf Life: 6 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Maximum Topical Dilution: 0.8%
Selah oil blends that contain Ylang ylang essential oil:
Resting, Helichrysum Blend, LiliBeth, Love, Mosquito Repellent, Selah Kids: Resting, Jr. Blend, Selah Kids: Soft, Jr. Blend, Indigo, Quiescent, Safe Haven, Soft
Click here to see our Health Issues Reference Guide for information on which oils may help with specific needs.
Ylang Ylang may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Cardiovascular Support
- Sexual Topics - Libido - Sex Drive - Intimacy
Please see our Health Issues Reference Guide for detailed essential oil remedies for the above-listed issues/topics.
Take a look at our Ylang Ylang blog post here.
For more information on Ylang Ylang essentail oil click here.
- antidepressant - alleviates depression
- antiphlogistic - acts against inflammation and fever
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- antispasmodic - prevents and eases spasms, convulsions, or cramps
- calmative - a sedative or mild tranquilizer
- nervine - soothing and toning to the nerves and nervous system
- sedative - soothing agent that reduces nervousness, distress, or irritation
- tonic - strengthens or invigorates organs or the entire organism
Click here for a printable PDF chart of the Therapeutic Uses and Properties of Essential Oils.
Apply diluted to bottoms of feet or directly on area of concern.
Ok for babies and children with proper dilution - see chart.
Pregnancy and lactation safe with extra dilution - see chart.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or rub a drop on palms and inhale.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Repeated use can possibly result in contact sensitization.
Take care when using Ylang Ylang, for too high a concentration or using it for too long a time, can give rise to nausea and/or headache (9, p. 315).
Ylang-ylang essential oil has a deeply relaxing effect and should not be used prior to driving, operating machinery, or doing other tasks that require concentration (8, p. 421).
Use caution when dealing with low blood pressure (13).
Use with caution on children under the age of two due to possible skin irritation.
General EO Cautions:
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Key Constituents from GC/MS Analysis:
Cadinene <delta-> 2.60%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
- Dr. Josh Axe, https://draxe.com/ylang-ylang/
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.
For Shipping Policies Click Here