Fractionated Coconut Oil
Fractionated Coconut Oil has earned its seat at the table as a well-known staple in topical essential oil applications. Unlike virgin coconut oil, it remains liquid even at very low temperatures, allowing it to beautifully facilitate the absorption of essential oils into the body.
Though deeply hydrating and readily absorbed, Fractionated Coconut Oil does not leave the skin feeling greasy, nor does it clog the pores.
Also known as MCT oil and is safe for dietary use.
Botanical Name: Cocos nucifera
Plant Origin: USA
Extraction Method: Hydrolized under pressure
Shelf Life: up to 5 years in proper storage conditions. Refrigerate to extend shelf life.
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Selah Oil Blends that Contain Fractionated Coconut Oil:
Nearly all Sprays and Roll-ons!
Fractionated Coconut Oil may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Deeply hydrating
- Does not clog pores
- Does not leave the skin feeling greasy
- High absorption rate into skin
Fractionated Coconut Oil is an ideal carrier to pair with essential oils for many reasons including:
- Compatible with soaps
- Completely soluble with all essential oils
- Extended shelf life - not prone to rancidity
- Facilitates absorption of essential oils
- Ideal for massage therapists
- Ideal for natural perfumers
- Sprays through a pump sprayer with ease
- Washes out of clothing easily with no staining
Apply to affected area or bottoms of the feet.
Safe for babies and children.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the FDA
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.