Ginger Essential Oil*
*This oil is organically grown and certified by our supplier. However, our facility is not certified organic. You get it though. ;-)
A delightfully stimulating and invigorating oil, ginger is used globally as a culinary ingredient and as a digestive stimulant. The pronounced effects of this oil support and target the proper body responses of the immune system, physical discomfort, and the reaction of living tissue to irritation, injury, or infection.
This soft, warm oil contains unique qualities that promote powerful results while remaining gentle enough that ginger can be used on children and the elderly. It is a must-have for any essential oil home care kit.
Botanical Name: Zingiber officinale
Plant Origin: Madagascar
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from the root (organic, but not certified)
Shelf Life: 5 yrs in proper conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Maximum Adult Topical Dilution: 5%
Selah oil blends that contain Ginger essential oil:
Click here to see our Health Issues Reference Guide for information on which oils may help with specific needs.
Ginger may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Back Pain
- Bone - Broken, Bruised, Pain, Spur
- Cough - Dry
- Frozen Shoulder
- Herpes Zoster - Shingles
- Morning Sickness - Nausea During Pregnancy
- Motion Sickness
- Sexual Topics - Libido - Sex Drive - Intimacy
Please see our Health Issues Reference Guide for detailed essential oil remedies for the above-listed issues/topics.
- analgesic - deadens or relieves pain; anodyne
- antioxidant - inhibits destructive oxygen and free radical-induced deterioration (oxidation) of substances and tissues in the body, can be natural or synthetic
- anti-inflammatory - reduces inflammation
- antimicrobial - resists or destroys pathogenic micro organisms
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- antispasmodic - prevents and eases spasms, convulsions, or cramps
- antitussive - relieves coughs
- carminative - expels gas (flatulence), easing abdominal pain and bloating
- circulatory - promotes flow of blood and lymph
- diuretic - aids in removal of excess water from the body; promotes urination
- expectorant - promotes the discharge of mucous from the respiratory system
- febrifuge - supports the combat, reduction, or elimination of fever
- fortifying - protecting and strengthening to the entire organism
- pectoral - remedy for pulmonary or other chest diseases
- stimulant - excites or quickens the activity of physiological processes
- stomachic - digestive aid and tonic; improving the appetite
- thermogenic - stimulants heat production
Maximum topical dilution is 5%. Apply diluted to bottoms of feet or directly on area of concern.
Ok for babies and children with proper dilution - see chart.
Pregnancy and lactation safe with extra dilution - see chart.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or rub a drop on palms and inhale.
Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the FDA
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery." (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
No contraindications known.
General EO Cautions:
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
alpha zingiberene 28.67%
AR curcumene 5.97%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.
For Shipping Policies Click Here