Copaiba Essential Oil*
*This oil is produced from unsprayed crops - meaning that it is organically grown but not certified.
This oil has been used to help address acne, to support the body after injury, and has been used historically to support digestion.
Botanical Name: Copaifera langsdorfii
Plant Origin: South America
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from balsam (organically grown but not certified)
Shelf Life: 8 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Selah oil blends that contain Copaiba essential oil:
Copaiba may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Frozen Shoulder
- Sprains & Torn Ligaments
- Viral Infection
For more information about Copaiba essential oil click here.
Apply diluted directly to the area of concern.
Ok for children 2+ with proper dilution.
Pregnancy safe with extra dilution.
Click here for essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or inhale directly.
Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the FDA
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Repeated use can result in contact sensitization.
General EO Cautions:
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
Cadina-1(6),4-diene <cis> 1.54%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.
Love this Oil!
You can tell these oils are truly high quality. So happy I found them!
I love Copaiba! I have not taken any **** pain reliever for over a year. For aches and pains (knees, back, etc.) I use Comfort and Copaiba and it works better than an Advil. I also love to add Copaiba to my baths.
My teenage son really struggles with acne. He has completely stopped all of his other treatments and now only uses Copaiba oil and a natural moisturizer. We have seen a much improvement.
Big Daddy of Pain Relief
This is my go-to oil for severe pain relief. It is also one of the oils I use in my mixture for migraines. Cant be without this one. Its always in my purse and one is beside my bed.
My 4 y/o gets some gnarly ear infections which causes him a lot of pain. I use this behind & around his ear to help with the pain. He now comes to me & asks for oils on his ear when he's hurting, so it must work. Thanks for yet another awesome product.