Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil*
*This oil is organically grown and certified by our supplier. However, our facility is not certified organic. You get it though. ;-)
Botanical Name: Eucalyptus Radiata
Plant Origin: Australia
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from leaves (organic, but not certified)
Shelf Life: 3 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Maximum Adult Topical Dilution: 20%
Selah oil blends that carry Eucalyptus Radiata:
Armor Spray, Breeze, Armor, Inhale, Selah Kids: Empower, Jr. Blend, Selah Kids: Ease, Jr. Blend, Selah Kids: Armor, Jr. Blend, Selah Kids: Breeze, Jr. Blend
Click here to see our Health Issues Reference Guide for information on which oils may help with specific needs.
Eucalyptus Radiata may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Abdominal pain (lower region)
- Allergies - Food Allergies - Seasonal Allergies - Hay Fever
- Athlete's Foot
- Back Pain
- Body Odor
- Candida - Candidiasis - Thrush - Yeast Overgrowth - Yeast Infection
- Cough - Dry
- Cough - Mucus
- Dental Abscess - Infection - Pain
- Ear Ache (Infection)
- Fungal Skin Infections - Skin Candida - Ringworm
- Gas, Flatulence
- Herpes Zoster - Shingles
- Insect Bite or Sting - General (Ant, Bee, Hornet, Mosquito, Wasp, etc.)
- Prickly Heat - Heat Rash
- Respiratory Infection
- Staph (MRSA)
- Viral Infection
Please see our Health Issues Reference Guide for detailed essential oil remedies for the above-listed issues/topics.
For more information about Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil click here.
- analgesic - deadens or relieves pain; anodyne
- antibacterial - prevents bacterial growth
- anti-infectious - prevents uptake of infection
- anti-inflammatory - reduces inflammation
- antiphlogistic - acts against inflammation and fever
- antirheumatic - relieves symptoms associated with rheumatic conditions
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- antispasmodic - prevents and eases spasms, convulsions, or cramps
- antitussive - relieves coughs
- antiviral - inhibits the growth of virus
- expectorant - promotes the discharge of mucous from the respiratory system
- febrifuge - supports the combat, reduction, or elimination of fever
- immunostimulant - stimulates the action of the immune system
- pectoral - remedy for pulmonary or other chest diseases
- tonic - strengthens or invigorates organs or the entire organism
- vulnerary - heals wounds and sores by external application
Click here for a printable PDF chart of the Therapeutic Uses and Properties of Essential Oils.
Apply diluted directly to area of concern.
Ok for children 2+ with proper dilution and avoiding face and neck areas. -
Pregnancy safe with extra dilution. - see chart
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or inhale directly.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Do not apply to or near the face of infants and children under the age of 10 (can cause breathing problems in babies and young children).
Avoid using this oil with homeopathics.
Use with caution if breastfeeding.
General EO Cautions:
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents
alpha-Terpinyl acetate 2.21%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.
For Shipping Policies Click Here