Lavender Essential Oil*
*This oil is wildcrafted (and therefore about as organic as it can possibly get) - certified by our supplier. However, our facility is not certified organic. You get it though. ;-)
Dating back further than the records of mankind can prove, Lavender provides the widest range of assistance to the body for healing, yet remains the gentlest of all essential oils. Lavender has been used for centuries for its soothing and restorative properties and its peacefully strengthening effect on the body.
The floral fragrance of this wild lavender is delightfully cleansing while still being delicate, calming, and strengthening.
Lavender is a truly priceless oil and an indispensable part of the at-home essential oil collection.
Botanical Name: Lavandula angustifolia
Plant Origin: France
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from flowering tops, wildcrafted
Shelf Life: Neat: 7 yrs in proper storage conditions; Roll-On: 2 yrs
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Topical Dilution Recommendation: 2-3% for daily application, up to 25% for short-term use
Selah Oil blends that contain Lavender essential oil:
The 10mL roll-on is in a base of fractionated coconut oil (diluted at 5%).
Lavender may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Abrasions - Cuts - Scrapes - Wounds
- Acne Scarring
- Allergies - Food Allergies - Seasonal Allergies - Hay Fever
- Anal Fissures (Tears)
- Anger & Aggression
- Anxiety & Panic
- Arthritis & Joint Pain
- Athlete's Foot
- Black Eye
- Blood - Bleeding - Stop Bleeding
- Blood - Clot - Anticoagulant (prevents clotting)
- Blood Pressure - High
- Body Odor
- Calming to Central Nervous System
- Candida - Candidiasis - Thrush - Yeast Overgrowth - Yeast Infection (also see Tissue Restoration Spray)
- Canker Sores - Mouth Ulcers
- Carpal Tunnel
- Chapped Lips or Skin - also Cracked
- Cough - Dry
- Cystitis (Bladder Infection, Urinary Tract Infection, UTI)
- Dental Abscess - Infection - Pain
- Dysmenorrhea - Painful Menstruation
- E. coli (see article)
- Ear Ache (Infection)
- Ears - Ringing - Hearing Impairment - Tinnitus
- Frozen Shoulder
- Halitosis - Bad Breath
- Herpes Simplex - Cold Sores - Fever Blisters
- Herpes Zoster - Shingles
- Hormone Balance
- Insect Bite or Sting - General (Ant, Bee, Hornet, Mosquito, Wasp, etc.)
- Insect Bite or Sting - Spider
- Insect Bite or Sting - Tick
- Insomnia - Trouble Falling or Staying Asleep - Sleep Walking
- Malaria - Prevention
- Menorrhagia (irregular periods, clotting during menstruation, heavy bleeding during menstruation, or irregular bleeding during menstruation)
- Muscle - Bruised, Sore, Tight, etc.
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Nettle Rash
- Night Terrors
- Nose Bleed
- Phlebitis (inflammation of veins)
- Postpartum: perineal tearing (take multiple, short 15 baths or sitz baths daily with several drops lavender) also see Tissue Restoration Spray
- Pregnancy: labor and delivery (massage into lower back to reduce pain, strengthen contractions, and speed labor)
- Prickly Heat - Heat Rash
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) & Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Raynaud's Disease
- Respiratory Infection
- Sagging Skin
- Scarring - Scar Tissue
- Sexual Topics - Libido - Sex Drive - Intimacy
- Shock - Trauma
- Sore or Scratchy Throat
- Staph (MRSA)
- Strep Throat
- Stretch Marks
- Tick Bites
- Viral Infection
For more detailed info on lavender as well as case studies, see our blog post here.
Click here for a printable information sheet.
- analgesic - deadens or relieves pain; anodyne
- anthelmintic - destroys or expels worms and parasites; vermifuge
- antibacterial - prevents bacterial growth
- antidepressant - alleviates depression
- anti-infectious - prevents uptake of infection
- anti-inflammatory - reduces inflammation
- antimicrobial - resists or destroys pathogenic microorganisms
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- antispasmodic - prevents and eases spasms, convulsions, or cramps
- antivenomous - used against the effects of venom
- calmative - a sedative or mild tranquilizer
- carminative - expels gas (flatulence), easing abdominal pain and bloating
- cicatrisant - promotes healing by the formation of scar tissue
- detoxifying - assist in the removal of toxins
- diuretic - aids in removal of excess water from the body; promotes urination
- expectorant - promotes the discharge of mucous from the respiratory system
- sedative - soothing agent that reduces nervousness, distress, or irritation
- soporific - substance which induces sleep
- spasmolytic - antispasmodic
- stimulant - excites or quickens the activity of physiological processes
- stomachic - digestive aid and tonic; improving the appetite
- vulnerary - heals wounds and sores by external application
For more information take a look at our blog post here.
Apply diluted on location as desired.
Safe for babies and children with proper dilution.
Pregnancy and lactation safe with extra dilution.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or inhale directly.
Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the FDA
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (Schnaubelt 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside the ear canal.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
Linalyl acetate 42.67%
Lavandulyl acetate 4.26% Ocimene <E-beta> 2.75% Ocimene <E-beta> 1.65% 3-Octanone 1.40%
Caryophyllene <trans> 1.14%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.
Quality packing and oil. Will definitely purchase again :)
Loving my Lavender
I absolutely love the Lavender!! I use many oils from your company but this one is my most used oil! A few of my favorite ways are… *In a hot bath with Epsom salt and baking soda… soak away stress and toxins! *Add it to shampoo, conditioner, and scalp treatment oils! *Add it in my mascara to keep it fresh longer! *Diffuse it, of course! *Use a few drops on dryer balls when drying clothes! *Apply with a carrier oil on minor scrapes and bruises! THANK YOU for offering high quality oils at affordable prices!!
I love using lavender oil to make a roller bottle to rub on my baby’s jaw when he’s teething. It works very well to soothe him!
Love the lavender and all Selah oils I have purchased so far. Great quality!
Essential Oils - Selah
The oils seem to be of good quality. It is nice to know that my purchase is helping a Christian based company.