Cedarwood Essential Oil*
*This oil is organically grown and certified by our supplier. However, our facility is not certified organic. You get it though. ;-)
Botanical Name: Cedrus atlantica
Plant Origin: Morocco
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from bark (organic, but not certified)
Shelf Life: 8 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Selah oil blends that contain Cedarwood essential oil:
Click here to see our Health Issues Reference Guide for information on which oils may help with specific needs.
Cedarwood may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- ADD - ADHD
- Allergies - Food Allergies - Seasonal Allergies - Hay Fever
- Alopecia - Hair Loss
- Anxiety - Restless (Panic), Apprehensive, Repressed
- Arthritis & Joint Pain - Osteoarthritis
- Malaria (Prevention)
- Stress - Blue Light, Computer, Electronic, Eye Strain, Screens, Tech, Visual
For more information about Cedarwood essential oil on the Selah blog click here.
For more information about Cedarwood essential oil on pubmed.gov click here.
- anti-inflammatory - reduces inflammation
- antiseborrheic - relieves excessive secretion of sebum
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- depurative - purifies the system, particularly the blood
- pectoral - remedy for pulmonary or other chest diseases
- regenerative - tends to regenerate, regrow
- restorative - helps strengthen and revive the body systems
- tonic - strengthens or invigorates organs or the entire organism
Click here for a printable PDF chart of the Therapeutic Uses and Properties of Essential Oils.
Apply diluted on location as desired.
Ok for children 2+ with proper dilution.
Pregnancy safe with extra dilution.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
No known contraindications.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
Chamigrene <alpha> 2.04%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.
For Shipping Policies Click Here
This is my absolute favorite oil! And honestly, I love the way Selah Oils Cedarwood smells! This oil is daily diffused all throughout my home- especially on stressful days and at night.
The best values—the best quality
I have loved all of my oils from selah! I love the organic growing methods and testimony of the company!!
Bought these oils to use in a homemade beard oil for my husband. Super impressed with the quality of the oils and love the fact that part of my purchase will go to a good cause! Great to have a quality alternative to MLM oils that shares my faith!
I put this on my dryer balls to make my mens' laundry smell good without harsh chemicals. Hubby and our sons get this manly Cedarwood for their clothes! I use the sweet Geranium for my clothes and for all the towels--yum!
HANDS DOWN BEST OILS
Our favorite thing by far about Selah Oils is that it is a Christian company, missionally minded, ethically produced, highest quality and from safe, clean sources. We'll be back again and again for all our household needs.