Clove Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Eugenia caryophyllata
Plant Origin: Madagascar
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from the bud
Shelf Life: 6 yrs
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Maximum Adult Topical Dilution: 0.5%
Selah oil blends that contain Clove essential oil:
For more information about Clove essential oil click here.
Apply diluted to affected area as desired. (It is recommended to perform a patch test first as this oil is extremely strong and can irritate the skin.)
Pregnancy safe with extra dilution.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or rub a drop on palms and inhale.
Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the FDA
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3, p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
Use caution when applying to hypersensitive or diseased or damaged skin.
Drug interaction: anticoalgulant medication (aspirin, heparin and warfarin); may contain methyleugenol; MAOIs or SSRIs (such as Lexapro and Zoloft); Pethidine (Demerol pain medication); Ephedrine; Major Surgery; Childbirth (one week before and after), severe Hepatic or Renal impairment; Peptic Ulcer, Hemophilia and other bleeding disorders; may inhibit blood clotting; embryotoxicity; skin sensitization (moderate risk); mucous membrane irritation (moderate risk).
Do not use topically on children under 2 years of age.
May inhibit blood clotting.
Repeated use can result in extreme contact sensitization.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
Caryophyllene oxide 0.65%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $49. Orders under $49 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.