Frankincense (Boswellia frereana) Essential Oil*
*This oil is produced from unsprayed crops - meaning that it is organically grown but not certified.
Among the most ancient of all-natural methods used to promote health, Frankincense has fascinated aromatherapists for centuries. The powerful anti-inflammatory and strengthening properties of pure Frankincense make it a highly sought-after oil.
Frankincense smells of wood and earth, strength and dignity, subtle sweetness, and hints of invigorating citrus. It offers a powerful grounding to the mind and emotions.
Botanical Name: Boswellia frereana
Plant Origin: Oman
Extraction Method: Steam distilled resin tears (organically grown but not certified)
Shelf Life: Neat: 3 yrs; 10mL Roll-On: 2 yrs in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlightRecommended Adult Topical Dilution: 2-3% for daily application, up to 25% for short-term use
The 10mL roll-on is in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil at 5% dilution.
- antibacterial - prevents bacterial growth
- antidepressant - alleviates depression
- antimicrobial - resists or destroys pathogenic micro organisms
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- calmative - a sedative or mild tranquilizer
- cicatrizing - promotes the formation of scar tissue, thus healing
- cytophylactic - referring to cytophylaxis; the process of increasing the activity of leucocytes to defend the body against infection
- expectorant - promotes the discharge of mucous from the respiratory system
- nervine - soothing and toning to the nerves and nervous system
- restorative - helps strengthen and revive the body systems
- tonic - strengthens or invigorates organs or the entire organism
Apply diluted on bottoms of feet or directly to area of concern.
Ok for babies and children with proper dilution.
Pregnancy safe with extra dilution.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or rub a drop on palms and inhale.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Skin sensitization if oxidized. Old or oxidized oils should be avoided.
General EO Cautions:All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes. Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
Thujene <alpha-> 15.76%
Pinene <beta-> 2.81%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.