German Chamomile Essential Oil*
*This oil is produced from unsprayed crops - meaning that it is organically grown but not certified.
Botanical Name: Matricaria recutita
Plant Origin: Bulgaria
Extraction Method: Steam distillation from flowers (organically grown but not certified)
Shelf Life: 5 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Selah oil blends that contain German chamomile oil:
Click here to see our Health Issues Reference Guide for information on which oils may help with specific needs.
German Chamomile may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Acne Scarring
- Arthritis & Joint Pain (Rheumatoid)
- Black Eye
- Canker Sores - Mouth Ulcers
- Carpal Tunnel
- Chapped Lips or Skin
- Gallbladder - Pain - Flare Up
- Liver - Detox Support
- Morning Sickness - Nausea During Pregnancy
- Motion Sickness
- Muscle - Bruised, Sore, Tight, etc.
Please see our Health Issues Reference Guide for detailed essential oil remedies for the above-listed issues/topics.
Is used in a colic recipe for infants (Schnaubelt, 149).
For more information on German Chamomile essential oil click here.
- analgesic - deadens or relieves pain; anodyne
- antibacterial - prevents bacterial growth
- anti-inflammatory - reduces inflammation
- antiphlogistic - acts against inflammation and fever
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- antispasmodic - prevents and eases spasms, convulsions, or cramps
- calmative - a sedative or mild tranquilizer
- cicatrizing - promotes the formation of scar tissue, thus healing
- emmenagogue - promotes or assists menstruation
- febrifuge - supports the combat, reduction, or elimination of fever
- hepatic - relating to the liver, tones and aids its function
- immunostimulant - stimulates the action of the immune system
- stomachic - digestive aid and tonic; improving the appetite
- vulnerary - heals wounds and sores by external application
Click here for a printable PDF chart of the Therapeutic Uses and Properties of Essential Oils.
Apply diluted to affected area or bottoms of the feet.
Safe for babies and children.
Pregnancy and lactation safe with extra dilution.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or inhale directly.
Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the FDA
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (Schnaubelt 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Caution using with drugs metabolized by CYP2D6.
General EO Cautions:
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
alpha Bisabolol 71.54%
alpha Bisabolol oxide A 3.19%
alpha Bisabolol oxide B 2.12%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.
For Shipping Policies Click Here
Love This Company
The oils are high quality and I am comfortable supporting a company that does not promote the use of oils for spiritual healing or other New Age practices.
Great for Stomach Uses
This oil smells terrible! But I still gave it 5 stars. Mixed with Tummy Troubles and Liver Cleanse, it has helped immensely with symptoms from chronic diarrhea. When I use it on a regular basis, it eliminates my symptoms. I can tell when I forget to use it!