Helichrysum Essential Oil*
*This oil is produced from organically grown crops and is certified by our supplier. However, our facility is not certified organic. You get it though. ;-)
If you never used another oil...
We value this prestigious oil so highly - literally above all others. We'd love to see it made affordable to everyone. So we offer it nearly at cost (what we pay for it from our supplier). Pleeeease get this on your shelf!
For an even more affordable oil (though still very effective), you may substitute with our Helichrysum Blend. Though it is not safe for kids under 6 or pregnant/nursing mothers.
Botanical Name: Helichrysum italicum
Plant Origin: Corsica
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from flowering tops (certified organic by our supplier)
Shelf Life: 5-7 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Topical Dilution Recommendation: 2-3% for daily application, up to 25% for short-term use
Selah essential oil blends that use Helichrysum essential oil:
The 10 mL roll-on is in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil (diluted at 5%).
Helichrysum may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Acne Scarring
- Anger & Aggression
- Anxiety & Panic
- Arteries - Hardening
- Arthritis & Joint Pain
- Back Pain
- Black Eye
- Blood - Bleeding - Stop Bleeding
- Blood - Broken Blood Vessel
- Blood - Clot - Anticoagulant (prevents clotting)
- Blood - High Cholesterol
- Bone - Broken, Bruised, Pain, Spur
- Cardiovascular Support
- Carpal Tunnel
- Dental Abscess - Infection - Pain
- Drug Detox
- Dysmenorrhea - Painful Menstruation
- Ears - Ringing - Hearing Impairment - Tinnitus
- Frozen Shoulder
- Insect Bite or Sting - General (Ant, Bee, Hornet, Mosquito, Wasp, etc.)
- Insect Bite or Sting - Spider
- Liver - Detox Support
- Lymph (Adenitis)
- Muscle - Bruised, Sore, Tight, etc.
- Muscle Spasm
- Neuralgia (Nerve Pain) - Discontinued Pins & Needles Recipe
- Neurological Issues
- Nose Bleed
- Oral Infection
- Phlebitis (inflammation of veins)
- Raynaud's Disease
- Sagging Skin
- Scarring - Scar Tissue
- Shock - Trauma
- Sprains & Torn Ligaments
- Varicose Veins - Spider Veins
Please see our Health Issues Reference Guide for detailed essential oil remedies for the above-listed issues/topics.
Helichrysum boosts the immune system, helping the body to fight infections and allergies. It can be used to prevent or treat colds, influenza or any problem that is caused by a compromised immune system.
Use in baths and massage oils for rheumatism, muscular aches and pains, sprains and strains. (Rose, 88--89)
- analgesic - deadens or relieves pain; anodyne
- anticoagulant - prevents clotting (blood)
- anti-inflammatory - reduces inflammation
- cicatrizing - promotes the formation of scar tissue, thus healing
- circulatory - promotes flow of blood and lymph
- diuretic - aids in removal of excess water from the body; promotes urination
- expectorant - promotes the discharge of mucous from the respiratory system
- hepatic - relating to the liver, tones and aids its function
- mucolytic - dissolving or breaking down mucous
- stimulant - excites or quickens the activity of physiological processes
- vulnerary - heals wounds and sores by external application
- Use in the bath or shower for absorption and aromatherapy benefits
- Diffuse for aromatherapy benefits
- Massage, diluted, for physical ailments
- Neat for compromised skin and stretch marks
- Use with compress for muscle pain and stiffness
Apply diluted directly to area of concern.
Ok for babies and children with proper dilution - see chart.
Pregnancy and lactation safe with extra dilution - see chart.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or inhale directly.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
Neryl acetate 42.20%
Pinene <alpha> 9.33%
Neryl propionate 3.27%
Selinene <beta> 2.83%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.