Like liquid gold, Jojoba offers a bit of pristine luxury to your essential oil blends and daily skincare routine. Jojoba closely resembles the skin's own natural oils. While commonly referred to as an oil, Jojoba is technically a liquid wax.
Botanical Name: Simmondsia chinensi
Plant Origin: Israel
Extraction Method: Cold Pressed and Unrefined from beans of the plant.
Shelf Life: up to 20 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Jojoba may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Antipruritic - relieves or prevents itching
- Astringent - causes contraction of organic tissues, reducing secretions or discharges
- Circulatory - promotes flow of blood and lymph
- Broken Veins
- Deeply hydrating
- Does not clog pores
- Does not leave the skin feeling greasy
- Dry skin - relieves
- Enhances skin
- Rapid absorption into skin
- Scalp - can be used to cleanse
Jojoba may start to solidify or cloud up at cool temperatures. Simply warm the oil by placing the well-sealed bottle into a bowl of warm water for a few minutes to return it to the liquid state. It would be ideal to first seal the bottle of Jojoba into a plastic zip-loc bag to ensure that water cannot seep in.
Apply to affected area or bottoms of the feet.
Safe for babies and children.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.