Juniper Berry Essential Oil
*This oil is organically grown and certified by our supplier. However, our facility is not certified organic. You get it though. ;-)
Juniper has been used since ancient times to address and prevent disease. The sweet, fruity, and slightly woody aroma are a delight. Juniper berry brings a surprisingly powerful oil to the table when gentle effects are of utmost importance.
Botanical Name: Juniperus communis
Plant Origin: Bosnia
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from aerial parts
Shelf Life: 4 years until decline of quality begins. To maximize shelf life, store in refrigerator.
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight.
Maximum Adult Topical Dilution: 4%
Selah oil blends that contain Juniper Berry essential oil:
- stimulating lymphatic system
- fluid retention, improving elimination
- ulcers, diverticulitis
- urinary tract infections, kidney stones
- increasing circulation through kidneys and detoxing
- aiding digestion, abdominal bloating
- menstrual cramping, promoting menstruation
- heavy legs, detoxifying, cellulite
- gout, rheumatism, arthritis
- acne, dermatitis, eczema
- mental exhaustion, chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression
- liver problems
- muscle soreness, tension
- possible nerve regeneration
Essential Oils and Deodorant, click here.
For more information and studies on Juniper essential oil click here.
- analgesic - deadens or relieves pain; anodyne
- anthelmintic - destroys or expels worms and parasites; vermifuge
- anti-inflammatory - reduces inflammation
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- astringent - causes contraction of organic tissues, reducing secretions or discharges
- carminative - expels gas (flatulence), easing abdominal pain and bloating
- depurative - purifies the system, particularly the blood
- detoxifying - assist in the removal of toxins
- digestive - promotes or aids digestion
- diuretic - aids in removal of excess water from the body; promotes urination
- emmenagogue - promotes or assists menstruation
- nervine - soothing and toning to the nerves and nervous system
- spasmolytic - antispasmodic
- tonic - strengthens or invigorates organs or the entire organism
Apply diluted to bottoms of feet or directly on area of concern.
Ok for children 2+ with proper dilution.
Pregnancy and lactation safe with extra dilution.
Click here for the essential oil dilution chart.
Diffuse or rub a drop on palms and inhale.
Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the FDA.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (7. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Avoid using with liver and kidney disease.
Skin sensitization if oxidized.
General EO Cautions:
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $49. Orders under $49 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.