Lime Essential Oil*
*This oil is produced from organically grown crops and is certified by our supplier. However, our facility is not certified organic. You get it though. ;-)
Botanical Name: Citrus aurantifolia
Plant Origin: USA
Extraction Method: Distilled (*certified organic by our supplier) and therefore free of bergaptene, making this citrus oil one that is NOT phototoxic
Shelf Life: 2 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Recommended Adult Topical Dilution: 2-3% for long-term use
Maximum Adult Topical Dilution: 25% for short-term use
Selah essential oil blends that use Lime essential oil:
Lime may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Allergies - Food Allergies - Seasonal Allergies - Hay Fever
- Blood - Broken Blood Vessel
- Gallbladder - Pain - Flare Up
- anti-infectious - prevents uptake of infection
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- cholagogue - stimulates the secretion and flow of bile into the duodenum
- depurative - purifies the system, particularly the blood
- digestive - promotes or aids digestion
- diuretic - aids in removal of excess water from the body; promotes urination
- hepatic - relating to the liver, tones and aids its function
- immunostimulant - stimulates the action of the immune system
- tonic - strengthens or invigorates organs or the entire organism
Apply diluted to bottoms of feet or directly on area of concern.
Ok for children 2+ with proper dilution.
Pregnancy and lactation safe with extra dilution.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or inhale directly.
Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the FDA.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (Schnaubelt 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.