Roman Chamomile Essential Oil*
*This oil is produced from unsprayed crops - meaning that it is organically grown but not certified.
Botanical Name: Anthemis nobilis
Plant Origin: USA
Extraction Method: Steam distillation from flowers (organically grown but not certified).
Shelf Life: 5 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Selah oil blends that contain Roman Chamomile essential oil:
Roman Chamomile may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Abdominal Pain (Upper Region)
- Acne Scarring
- Alopecia - Hair Loss
- Anal Fissures (Tears)
- Anxiety & Panic
- Arthritis & Joint Pain (Rheumatoid)
- Black Eye
- Blood - Bleeding - Stop Bleeding
- Blood - High Cholesterol
- Blood Pressure - High
- Candida Appearing on the Skin
- Dental Abscess - Infection - Pain
- Diarrhea (Food, Nerves)
- Dysmenorrhea - Painful Menstruation
- Ear Ache (Infection)
- Frozen Shoulder
- Hormone Balance
- Insect Bite or Sting - General (Ant, Bee, Hornet, Mosquito, Wasp, etc.)
- Insect Bite or Sting - Spider
- Insomnia - Trouble Falling or Staying Asleep - Sleep Walking
- Liver - Detox Support
- Nettle Rash
- Phlebitis (inflammation of veins)
- Pink Eye - Conjunctivitis
- Prickly Heat - Heat Rash
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) & Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Sexual Topics
Please see our Health Issues Reference Guide for detailed essential oil remedies for the above-listed issues/topics.
For more information about Roman Chamomile essential oil click here.
- analgesic - deadens or relieves pain; anodyne
- antibacterial - prevents bacterial growth
- anti-infectious - prevents uptake of infection
- anti-inflammatory - reduces inflammation
- antineuralgic - relieves or reduces nerve pain
- antispasmodic - prevents and eases spasms, convulsions, or cramps
- calmative - a sedative or mild tranquilizer
- cicatrizing - promotes the formation of scar tissue, thus healing
- immunostimulant - stimulates the action of the immune system
- nervine - soothing and toning to the nerves and nervous system
- sedative - soothing agent that reduces nervousness, distress, or irritation
- vulnerary - heals wounds and sores by external application
Apply diluted to bottoms of feet or directly on area of concern.
Ok for babies and children with proper dilution - see chart.
Pregnancy and lactation safe with extra dilution - see chart.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or rub a drop on palms and inhale.
Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the FDA
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
This oil can irritate the skin.
General EO Cautions:
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
Pinene <alpha> 7.65%
Amyl angelate <4-methyl> 6.86%
Isoamyl tiglate 6.60%
2-Butyl tiglate 6.51%
Butyrate < 2-methyl-, 3-methylbutyl-> 5.06%
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.