Resting Essential Oil Blend
Captivating and soothing, Resting Essential Oil Blend helps to melt away the worries of the day and offers a delightfully peaceful aroma, helping to bring the mind and emotions to a place of restful calm.
Resting helps to still the overactive mind so that one may approach any situation with a sense of gathered tranquility. Often, too, we find that the bodily tensions tend to loosen up as well when the mind becomes settled and quiet.
Resting will not act as a sedative and induce sleep (so it can be used at any hour of the day!), but it does promote quality sleep as it often helps with snoring, sleepwalking, trouble falling asleep, impulsiveness, anxiety, overstimulation, and other similar issues.
If you are searching for a soothing, peaceful blend, this is the one!
(And be sure to check out our Resting, Jr. Blend for your littles.)
Details & Ingredients
Resting is a select blend of essential oils including:
Tangerine (Citrus reticulata), Orange (Citrus sinensis), Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata), Blue Tansy (Tanecetum annum), Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin), Mandarin Red (Citrus deliciosa) and Frankincense (Boswellia frereana).
Roll-on is in a base of fractionated coconut oil (diluted at 5%).
Shelf Life: 2-3 years in proper storage condition
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Resting Essential Oil Blend may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Adrenal Glands - Addison’s Disease - Schmidt's Syndrome
- ADD, ADHD
- Anxiety, Panic, Depression, Nervousness
- Body Odor
- Brain Balance: alertness, attention, focus, fatigue, stress, tension
- Calming Emotions: uplifting, happy, peaceful, relaxing
- Circulation (Vasodilator)
- Emotional Balance: grief, hyperactivity, impulsive behaviors, shock, irritability, nervousness, tension, etc.
- Focus - Mental Alertness, Attention, Brain Function
- Gallbladder - Stimulate
- Insomnia - Trouble Falling or Staying Asleep - Sleep Walking
- ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder)
- Shock - Trauma
- RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder)
- Sexual Topics - Libido - Sex Drive - Intimacy
- Shock - Trauma
- Sleep Issues: Insomnia, Snoring, Teeth Grinding, Sleep Walking, Restless Leg
- Snoring (also, see Regenerate Blend)
- Tics (Tourettes)
Click here for a printable information sheet.
Massage diluted on bottoms of feet or wrists.
Bath: Mix up to 10 drops with a tablespoon castile soap, shampoo or shower gel and add to running bath water. Can also add up to 10 drops to two cups Epsom Salts (mix well) and add to running bath water.
Ok for children 2+ with proper dilution.
Pregnancy and lactation safe with extra dilution.
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
Caution with drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 for all methods of application. Caution with oral use with drugs metabolized by CYP1A2 and CYP3A4.
Tangerine: If this oil is oxidized, it can cause contact sensitization. Photosensitive: Avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after topical use.
Orange: Photosensitive: Avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after topical use.
Ylang ylang: Repeated use can possibly result in contact sensitization. Take care when using Ylang Ylang, for too high a concentration or using it for too long a time, can give rise to nausea and/or headache. Ylang-ylang essential oil has a deeply relaxing effect and should not be used prior to driving, operating machinery, or doing other tasks that require concentration. Use with caution on children under the age of two due to possible skin irritation.
Blue Tansy: May interact with antidepressant medication
Patchouli: Do not use patchouli in cases of anorexia or with elderly people who have lost their appetite as it can reduce appetite. May inhibit blood clotting.
Mandarin Red: Photosensitive: Avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after topical use.
Frankincense: None known.
General EO Cautions:
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.
Can't say enough about this oil...
My husband snores...he doesn't sleep that well...I diffuse this oil every night we both sleep so soundly...no snoring lol...thanks Selah Oils
Selah is the BEST!
10/10 recommend. The oils are all natural, safe and smell amazing! Not to mention their customer service is unmatched. You will get a handwritten thank you when you purchase your oils and to me, that means so much! They go the extra mile! I love all that Selah is about. Go get your oils!
We love this blend
My daughter loves this blend. She says she sleeps better and has more peaceful sleep and better dreams. She's 10.
Good substitute for Sigh
I couldn’t find Sigh so I tried resting. It has helped me to relax in the evening so that I can sleep.
Easy to order, fast to receive my goods and well wrapped! Quality beyond measure.