Orange Essential Oil*
*This oil is produced from organically grown crops and is certified by our supplier. However, our facility is not certified organic. You get it though. ;-)
Botanical Name: Citrus sinensis
Plant Origin: Portugal
Extraction Method: Cold pressed from rind (certified organic by our supplier)
Shelf Life: 2 years in proper storage conditions
Storage: Store upright, lid tight, out of direct heat and sunlight
Recommended Adult Topical Dilution: 1-2%
Selah oil blends that contain Orange essential oil:
Click here to see our Health Issues Reference Guide for information on which oils may help with specific needs.
Orange may support the body's proper natural response to and assist in maintaining a healthy state of the following:
- Anxiety & Panic
- Clogged Pores
- Focus - Alertness, Attention, Brain Function
- Phlebitis (inflammation of veins)
- Sexual Topics - Libido - Sex Drive - Intimacy
- Stress - Blue Light, Computer, Electronic, Eye Strain, Screens, Tech, Visual
Please see our Health Issues Reference Guide for detailed essential oil remedies for the above-listed issues/topics.
Mixed in equal amounts with oil of Lemon, and diluted, Orange is a useful mouthwash, used as a gum tonic and a treatment for mouth ulcers (9, p. 225).
For more info about orange essential oil, click here.
- antibacterial - prevents bacterial growth
- antiseptic - destroys and prevents the development of microbes/bacteria
- calmative - a sedative or mild tranquilizer
- cholagogue - stimulates the secretion and flow of bile into the duodenum
- depurative - purifies the system, particularly the blood
- diuretic - aids in removal of excess water from the body; promotes urination
- sedative - soothing agent that reduces nervousness, distress, or irritation
- stimulant - excites or quickens the activity of physiological processes
- stomachic - digestive aid and tonic; improving the appetite
- tonic - strengthens or invigorates organs or the entire organism
Click here for a printable PDF chart of the Therapeutic Uses and Properties of Essential Oils.
Apply diluted topically as desired. (Avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after use).
Ok for children 2+ with proper dilution. - see chart
Pregnancy and lactation safe with extra dilution. - see chart
Click here for the essential oils dilution chart.
Diffuse or inhale directly.
Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the FDA
Although the quality of Selah Oils is excellent, it is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a certified physician who is also certified in aromatherapy. We recommend getting internal dosing instructions from a licensed physician as some essential oils are not recommended for oral consumption. This is in no way a reflection on our oil quality, only a matter of safety and caution with respect to how concentrated essential oils are. When used within safe parameters, and under your physician's care, the quality of our essential oils is such that they can be used internally if deemed appropriate.
However, with that said, it is important to remember the extreme concentration of essential oils. "Using essential oils by rubbing them into the skin or via inhalation is in many cases more effective than oral delivery" (3. p. 96).
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Photosensitive: Avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after topical use.
General EO Cautions:
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. It is not advised to take essential oils internally unless under the guidance of a licensed physician who is also certified in aromatherapy.
If for any reason you get essential oils in your eyes, put carrier oil along the eyebrows above the eyes and on the cheekbones below the eyes.
Do not put essential oils inside your ear canal.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
GC/MS Key Constituents:
- Worwood, Valerie. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Novato: New World Library. Revised 2016. Print.
- Worwood, Valerie. Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child. Novato: New World Library. 2000. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Advanced Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1998. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 2011. Print.
- Schnaubelt, Kurt, Ph. D. Medical Aromatherapy. Rochester: Healing Arts Press. 1999. Print.
- Price, Shirley. Price, Len. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. Fourth edition, 2012. Print.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2014. Print.
- Aletha Press. Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing. Berkeley: Aletha Press. 2015. Print.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy an A-Z. London: Vermillion. 2000. Print.
- Higley, Connie & Alan. Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Spanish Fork: Abundant Life. 2012. Print.
- Purchon, Nerys and Lora Cantele. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook For Everyday Wellness. Toronto: Robert Rose. 2014. Print.
- Buckle, Jane. Clinical Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier. 2003. Print.
Selah Oils ships via USPS, which typically has a 3-5 day delivery time. Your order will ship in 1-2 business days.
United States: We offer FREE shipping for orders over $59. Orders under $59 are $6 for flat rate shipping.
Canada: $10.00 flat rate shipping.
For Shipping Policies Click Here
Love this oil! Anything citrus I’m obsessed with and this one so far is my favorite!
I love them
I will be continuing to buy from you. I love the oils!
I Totally love my oil. I use it every day.
Great!!! No problems at all :)
I love putting a drop on my toothbrush. It makes my mouth feel so clean! I think it's helped with whitening my teeth some too.